Monday, June 22, 2015

Fathers Day

I always look forward to Father's Day as it affords another connection to family. Now that the family is spreading out it is difficult if not possible for everyone to get together.It is still a time where some of us are able to share some time on this day,
 This year I was invited to Glenda's for brunch and Lynda and Peter were able to make it as well. Theresa and I shared a great breakfast with all my favourite morning foods and some stories of past days as well. I have fond memories of my Father as I was fortunate to have him for many years before he passed away. Dad was an athlete and when you put a pair of skates on him he could do very well up until his eighties. My brothers marveled at his strength and agility and he was never tired. He could work all day in the coal mine and work another shift at home doing what he really loved to do. His favourite time was in his garage fixing something or making some needed items for the home.



Many people never have the opportunity to share those kind of years with their father but we in our family did and it left a lasting impression on each of us. My younger brother Melvyn seems to be the one who is most like Dad and you could understand that if you saw his home where he has made many improvements and gadgets just like my father.

Well the special day is over and I can say it was a good one and I can look forward to next years special day for Dad's.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...