Sunday, February 8, 2015

Not Making The Trip

I began skating and playing hockey before 1940. In 1991 I hung up the skates as I began to share my time in Florida and there was little chance of playing hockey there. For old times sake I kept my hockey gear and when I moved it always came along just in case. Well, this time I shall say goodbye to this old, musty, smelly paraphernalia and leave it behind.

I shall trade it in for another helmet as Theresa and I ride our bikes. I will trade it in for  my fishing rods as well and I will not need the helmet while fishing but I have a great interest in deep sea fishing and these activities will erase the need for hockey. Theresa and I plan to try to get back skating with the seniors and I have motivation as my friends John and Doug still lace up their skates and show their ability to stay topside.

Probably if I try to regain some ability to skate they will start me with the old chair trick. At least I will have a place to rest if I get tired.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...