Monday, February 27, 2012

Take Your Time

When I was cleared to continue with my life after surgery I was told that it would take up to five times more to complete simple tasks. I smiled and nodded my head just happy to be released from the bondage of in activity. I am finding out that the Dr was correct in many ways and indeed it does take much longer to perform the simple tasks like dressing and working in the garden.

Today I was cleaning up a part of the garden where I covered the soil so weeds would not take over. Trying to bend and perform this task was difficult and took so long. In fact I only completed part of the job. I tire easily and have to rest every hour or so. It was a little frustrating at first but since I have all the time in the world I am adjusting.. Thinking that I have another three months was a shock at first but as time goes on and I see some improvement every week I am just thankful to have this opportunity.


Just as the price of housing had to make an adjustment I suppose this is my adjustment. Tomorrow will be the first time I will play golf with my pals. My adjustment will be to play without a driver or any heavy iron clubs. I must use the old senior wooden clubs and play my ball off the ground as I cannot reach to use a golf tee. My score will be higher and my effort made without much extra energy but I will be playing . I will not share the rewards from the money pot but it will be fun. I will be embarrassed if I hold up the foursome so I will have to pick up some time if I fall behind.

So take your time and enjoy and be thankful you can play at all.

1 comment:

  1. Who would have thought that after only three months following your surgery you would be back on the course at all. Many people don't get back for a year. Be proud of your progress Pops. I'm proud of you! Love, Lyn xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...