Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Feeling Great And On My Way To Florida

Yesterday Theresa and I went for our last major Dr appointment to see if I was fit enough to finally get away to Florida. Dr was surprised but happy that I had a perfect recovery from my surgery. During the viewing of the X-rays of the carpenter work he performed, he said I had a perfect work and my recovery entitled me to be free of any conditions. I can even play golf (carefully). I happen to have a large spine and very hard bones so all the nuts and bolts and devices held very well.

I was absolutely happy and after he gave me a letter to enable me to go through customs at the airport we shook hands and I was returned to the real world in 2 and a half months. Hardly 4 to 6 as he predicted. I praise and thank my whole medical staff for work well done and promise to never do anything to dishonour their work by doing something foolish.

Medical science has given me a second chance to be a whole and healthy person and even promised that I might be able to run again in six to eight months, I have zero pain and as I make up my little pill box routine there is no pain control medicine their in.All this work was done for me by doctors who work within the Canadian Medical Association at no cost to me. I was relieved of the burden of economic ruin because of our health plan.

Tomorrow morning at 4 am we will leave and head to our home in Cape Coral. Our family will take care of our home and try to keep our flowers alive while we vacation and recuperate under the sun. Life is good and I appreciate the second chance to contribute to the world around us.

3 comments:

  1. The health report is wonderful. I really am glad you are going to make it south to the land of heat. It will be good to get some warm sunshine on your body while it continues to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your speedy recovery! Heading to the Florida sunshine and your 'home away from home' will most certainly bring you even more new-found vim and vigour. Safe travels to you both. Enjoy your time away. Fill it with fun, relaxation and good health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm -- I am guessing that you weren't packing a sleigh to go south. : ) Enjoy your fun in the sun and be happy that your youngest daughter is babysitting the plants while you are away. That way - you may still have some when you get back.

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...