Saturday, June 22, 2013

Family Values

We are a family that came from parents that had values that made sense in every way for them. Our parents had little opportunity to have an education above the grade eight or nine level. Our Mom and Dad were placed in a situation where their parents needed to have another person with some use to help the family to succeed.

Our parents who were the recipients of this harsh and uncared for love which made them revolt and make sure that every one of their children would have an education . Mom and Dad made sure that all of our nine children had an opportunity Seven of the family did well and pursued an occupation that would  enable them to do better that they would have without the support and help of our family.

Now that I am in my seventies and see the family and extended family I am so proud of the seed planted in our heritage  of our family which is making a huge impact on our community. I might be bragging but maybe not but I do not know of any of our family unemployed or living off the welfare roles. This is a strong testimony of the strong beliefs of our mother and dad who said that there was no work too menial or too dirty for us to do.

I personally did so many menial jobs to get my education and  keep my family healthy and together that I feel like Charlie Brown  - that work is honourable and we should respect it.

Our family values have been passed down and as far as I know that the younger generation has grasped the concept and continue to feel empowered by having a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...