Sunday, June 30, 2013

Building a Cottage Bed

My eldest daughter has a cottage which has the need of some rustic touches. She wants to rid the bedroom of some old iron single beds and replace them with some wooden ones. She saw a few pictures on the web and I volunteered to try to build  them with the help of my son.

I purchased the wood and had a very difficult time getting the quality I desired so rustic will be the name of the game. This was a labour of love as a day with my son on any project is a bonus.

The plans were simple enough and the tools required were available so any errors would be man made. I had help the other day from a grandson who is competent with power tools and loves to do projects. He is so busy with baseball, work and other events it is special when he can come by to help.

Part of the work is interrupted by a great lunch of baked chicken and we all love to eat good food. There is only a few little details left before Theresa and I deliver the beds to McKellar Lake and their new home.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Pops for always putting your special touch on things. You have history of furnishing my homes with your handmade wood pieces that have gone on to become family heirlooms. Thanks for your work, and your patience. I appreciate everything you do for me/us. Lyn

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...