Friday, May 24, 2013

Small Beautiful Flowers



While I lived in the Arctic I developed a deep interest in the flowers that grew there in abundance. A short season and long days produced many flowers on a quick schedule. Many of these flowers were very small and you had to take a careful look to truly appreciate the beauty of each one.

When I returned to Ontario I began to notice some of the smaller flowers that appear at blooming tile.Two that I really love are the chestnut and the holly tree. Each have a flower made up of many tiny parts, each beautiful on its own but very impressive in its entirety.The holly is extremely healthy this year and there should be plenty of red berries for the birds this winter. The chestnut tree is also loaded with blooms so the squirrels will have a fall banquet on these large nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...