Thursday, April 12, 2012

Doing Nothing

I know you and I are incapable of doing nothing. However I am taking a few days to just rest and recover from a little overactive few  days where my desire to work was greater than my ability to preform. After one such day I was so happy with the result that I planned to do the same today. To get caught up in your reading, blogging and just forget about all the little tasks is something we are not used to.

Theresa and I sat for almost two hours just having breakfast and talking out beside the pool this am. I usually arrive at my reading spot in the rocking chair beside the pool at daybreak and with hot green tea I begin my day. Theresa joins me later with her coffee and we plan our day. With this new way of life we do not need to plan, just live. I could get used to this.

By mid day I will realize that flowers need watering and the bird bath has to be filled and so on. We really don't know how to relax completely. When alone in the morning I meditate in a kind of way and it causes one to think deeply and makes you wonder.Wondering is sometimes called day dreaming and that is all right as well. Most inventions and good thoughts come from wondering. As a teacher I used to see kids day dreaming and brought their minds back to reality. Maybe we should give students time to wonder and meditate for a few minutes every day.I had one wonderful teacher who at the end of the school day used to get us to close our eyes and put our heads on the desk and dream or wonder  for two minutes. It was a great  way to end the school day.

As we age we share more time in activities which bring us happiness. Frequently I have a short nap and awake refreshed and ready to get going again. Most young people today are so busy they do not have time to do nothing and if they do they fill that great space by exercising their thumbs texting. For me I plan to do nothing in a meaningful way for a few days. I might even accomplish something.


2 comments:

  1. Here! Here! It is often that in the absence of plans and our surrender to "nothing" that we accomplish the most. WE make space for something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv, luv, luv your statement: "With this new way of life we do not need to plan , just live."
    Keep on living it right!

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...