Thursday, July 8, 2010

Project Heatwave.

I promised my grand daughter that with my sons help we would lay down a new wood floor in the first floor of her condo. The condo does not have an elevator so everything had to be carried up three flights of stairs.With her very good help we pulled up the carpet and underlay and carried it away to the dumpster. We worked to remove some of the rubber underlay with a shovel and after bagging it too was carried to the dumpster. The thirty boxes of flooring were then trucked up those same stairs. With the help of my wife, daughter and grand daughter we managed it despite the high temperatures.

The days for my son to come to help were the hottest days on record with humidex readings in the middle forties. Our thermometer read 101 for a time. With a portable air conditioner we started the job and what could have been a hard job turned out to be a pleasure. The rooms were square and the cutting was minimum and the floor looks beautiful. New baseboards completed the job for us but my grand daughter will cover the nail marks and cracks and paint again. Her home looks beautiful and she was such a good help.

We like doing little projects for the family and look forward to the next one which is a new shingles on part of my roof. Hope the weather is cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...