Saturday, July 24, 2010

The CFL Today


After More than ten years of not going to the CFL games I was given a chance to see one with a friend. John won a pair of tickets for the Toronto - BC game and asked if I would accompany him . I gladly agreed and for the first time in a long while I drove to Toronto and parked under the Dome. When we walked up the three flights of stairs we were immediately at the front door of the Dome. Everyone in the vicinity were in a party mood as Toronto was on a winning streak.




The roof was open and the 30 plus temperature made us feel we were back in Florida. We had front row seats and as we made our way down the music, cheerleaders and the booming voice of the announcer gave us that noisy welcome I had forgotten about. I lost interest in the football league when the Ottawa Roughriders were bounced from the CFL.




I tried to get in the mood and it was not until a few plays were completed directly in front of us that I did. Being at field level did not get us the best view so we decided to move up to seats higher to gain views of the whole field. The game was ok but not too lively until the last few minutes when the home team made good plays to finally win in the last minute.




There was something exciting about the game but I lost that desire to pay the hundred dollars to watch. Television gave me a better view of every play and although I had a good experience it will probably be ten more years before I return. John and I had an opportunity to converse and talk of the older days and how football was played on outdood fields in all weather and we did agree that you cannot bring back that special feeling from old time football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...