Saturday, February 18, 2017

Turning 80

I jut turned eighty and I don't feel one bit different than I did a week ago. On the other hand I did think about some important facts. My life is on the home stretch and I am thankful I can even think about the future. Plans are always on my mind and when it comes to time left I feel very fortunate I can still function in a positive manner and carry out my daily needs in a happy way.

I believe that people do change with older aging in a more mellow and engaging way. We are less judgemental and more confrontable and because of this we become easier to like. Our grandchildren and children as well as friends view us as wiser and friendlier and are more ready to engage us in their thoughts and conversations. As I aged I became aware of other peoples worth and the value of family. I get excited about a family visit or the birth of a baby in our circle of friends.

I no longer worry about little things that don't concern me but think and dream of the wonderful gifts I have shared over the years. My strong belief that we are all people of the universe and subject to the great truth about the natural order of things makes me free of the dependence of man created law that
help to kill the very nature of our being.

Today is





February 17th and it is like summer. I was out on the deck with only a shirt and the temperature was almost 20 degrees. Our little brook was running and all the local ponds and waterways are ice free. People here are being convinced about weather changes as the evidence is here.

When I compare the weather when I was a young lad to the weather today there are some similarities as the East Coast is experiencing very heavy snow falls and windy storms. Maybe with weather changing we are really experiencing a cyclic weather pattern. Global warming is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...