Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 14,2014

This morning I woke up at my usual time but expected to see the dreary weather we have been experiencing lately and was surprised,  I saw a blue sky.I pick up my paper at 6am and see the streaks of sunshine just peeking above the horizon. Theresa surprises me as she is nor an early riser but today was different as we are having company. Shawna Lynn, our grand daughter is coming from Toronto for a visit before she heads for Australia. Theresa is already busy making ginger cookies for her as they are her favourites.

After a coffee the cookies are baking and the ginger sweet smell invades the whole house. I seek one of the hot ones as they come out of the oven but Theresa waits until every one is out of the cookie sheets before she offers me an imperfect one which is slightly overcooked. It tastes like another one but there is no way as these are for supper with ice cream.

I have contacted the other grand children to come over for a sendoff for Shawna. They all agree that a game of Monopoly would be the best way to get together and talk over the money board. I am sure others will come in to say good bye and wish her well on the journey Shawna Lynn has planned for some time with a friend.

Seeing the beautiful sunshine I go to the garden to clean up some of the produce. This am I see that the green grapes are still hanging on the vine. last year the birds captured every one so I started by picking these grapes. I had enough for grape jelly which I will make tomorrow.I finally picked the last of the yellow beans and more green pole beans. There is no end to the pole beans as we have been eating and supplying the neighbours with them for weeks. Cucumbers and a cabbage completed my picking but now I have the kitchen sink filled and I have to clear that before company comes.

For supper we will have spaghetti  with our own sauce made from our own vegetables. Theresa"s cookies with ice cream and the grand children will make for a perfect day.What could better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...