Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of School

Every year about this time I get kind've get ready for school. I have been retired nearly 25 years and our youngest grandchild is in his senior year but still there is a connection. This September there will be six of my grandchildren and one grown-up daughter who will be going full time to university. This situation keeps us in touch with the educational continuum.

One of my daughters was born on the first day of school and she is still working in education and working to complete her Masters in Leadership. I always wished that my children would get some post-secondary education and none of them disappointed me.

There have been so many changes in the field of education from the time I started school that one could hardly recognize the curriculum. Schools have a much different and more difficult task than in the past. I often wondered what it would be like to go back to try teaching now in the modern schools with the students who are products of the technological age with all their learning devices.

Students today have such a great opportunity in a very diverse workplace to study for some interesting future occupation. To succeed one must have goals and a desire to work hard while in the education system. I guess I still have part of me in the system after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...