Monday, August 6, 2012

Busy Days Ahead

We call these days the dog days of summer but for Theresa and I they are the busy days of summer. During the next days we have many special events to attend. Parties for the 80 year old neighbour who works harder than anyone I have known. A crossing guard during the school year and works on her large property every day and misses her kids all summer. She built her double driveway with bricks a couple of years ago and tore it up and did it again because there was a little dip in one place. She is Scottish and proud of our neighbourhood. When I was unable to do much after surgery she wanted to do my work as well. Needless to say I got better real quick.

A wedding on the weekend is going to be a highlight and on Friday we are attending a party where we will meet the in laws for the first time.It looks like I will have to dress up three times this week and that will be a pleasant change. This wedding will be special as it will be our first grand daughter to get married. Theresa and I will be happy to share time with all our family and new folks from the other side of the family.

We then will be taking Doris to the airport who will fly away to New Brunswick to visit her family and friends. On her return we will be celebrating her 95th birthday.

We need a break so hope to have a great time at my teacher's college reunion in Nova Scotia soon after. At that time we will share time with my family in Cape Breton. Sounds hectic but we really look forward to the busy days of summer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I share your blogger on my blog, thanks

    samjoncorp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Ï'm interested in what you think ...