Monday, October 3, 2011

A New Month

October offers so much promise for me as my schedule is filled with so much good activity. It started well with a family gathering yesterday. We planned to have the family get together earlier in the week but everyone was busy. Sunday comes along and so does the rain. Suddenly the plans that were made were undone and every one of the immediate family was available. Theresa and I cooked a turkey and over supper were had a great discussion about world and family affairs.The missing ones dropped in earlier so after roll call all were accounted for.

Theresa and I are travelling to Florida for a few weeks and we really wished to see everyone before we left. A good surprise was the visit from our university girl who dropped in for a few minutes before moving on the her university in Guelph. The few minutes lasted just over an hour and it was rewarding to share time with her and listen to her aspirations. She is studying political science and world affairs. I love to hear of her dreams and strong feelings about making a contribution to the world. She is passionate about her calling and her enthusiasm is infectious.

Yesterday was supposed to be a day when I transplant flowers to fill empty spaces which I prepared last week. My neighbour is sharing her many perennials with me and I am taking this opportunity to move to a small upkeep landscaping scheme.With the rainy weather it is a perfect time to do just that.

We are driving to Florida this time in our small car as we are not carrying anything heavy {except me}. One  road we have not taken on our numerous journeys south is a mountain top highway along the Blue Ridge  Mountains. We are always too busy to take this road but with the fall weather and the beautiful leaves we plan to make the effort this year. It travels from a point in Virginia across country to Tennessee.


On returning to Ontario I have a series of tests at Sunnybrook before my surgery. October is filled with a variety of adventures and I am excited just thinking about them. While I am away I will not be publishing blogs but writing last minute entries for my book. This project has become a family affair and has made me realize just how important family really is in your travels along life's pathway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...