Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Visit With Family And Friends In Cape Breton.

This year we were so happy to share our whole time with family and friends. A casual visit with Carol Ann resulted in Melvyn dropping in and later David. Jeannie was the first stop and the last one before we left for home. Stories were shared with all and I gave each a copy of my new book Restless and Inattentive. We had a few laughs about our younger days and the topic turned to our children.

Each of us is proud of our children and grand children and it is  a great feeling to hear of their successes and challenges. Time flies and it is difficult to keep all the family straight but it is a must to maintain that special bond. Our siblings planned a dinner in Baddack followed by a musical called Cape Breton Smile. This musical was exactly what Theresa and I desired when we went home this time. It featured the Barra McNeil's and others. Two hours of comment and Celtic music gave us a evening to remember. My brother Melvyn planned this party and it was a great idea.

When the week ended and we left the Island for home Theresa and I agreed it was the best holiday we ever had while visiting Cape Breton. To top off the visit my youngest brother David took me to his favorite fishing hole and I was fortunate to catch and release several brook trout. How could you end a holiday in a finer fashion?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...