Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Garden Overdrive

Arriving home after a two week vacation was a shock to me when I entered my garden. Glenda looked after the place when I was away and did a great job making sure the produce was picked and plants watered when needed. All that being equal I was still surprised to see the amount of produce hat had accumulated during the two weeks.

Cabbage, cucumbers, beans, peppers and carrots and most of all the tomatoes. I worked my way through the mess of plants and weeds and ended up with four large pans of fresh vegetables. Theresa and I will be eating well for the next weeks with garden fresh produce. The squirrels an raccoons did a job on my pears but left a few for us to eat. This is the great season in Ontario with the best garden and fruit produced anywhere in the world.

Many people have small or kitchen gardens here and reap the benefit of fresh vegetables and fruit right from their own small plot. I believe that in the future people will be going back to this tradition to provide produce that is clean and free from the multitude of chemicals that are applied to the company farm products.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...