Saturday, June 28, 2014

Perfect Day For Golf

Theresa and I decided to try to get out for golf every week. So far we have failed to do so because there were too many tasks to perform. Today was perfect for a game. Using a cart we attacked a very difficult course which offered many challenges. A hilly 6580 yard from the whites provided more than I could provide.'

There were many people playing but the starter allowed us to play by ourselves which is always a good idea but we found the rhythm of the group and managed to keep up. Three years ago when we played this course I received the joy of getting a hole in one. It was a 139 yard hole over water to an elevated green. Theresa was watching from the red tees and when I shot my ball with an eight iron I never realized that the ball was in the hole. We looked for my ball and finally I decided to shoot another when Theresa looked  in the cup and there was my ball. Because I never actually saw the ball enter the cup it had not the excitement normally connected with a hole in one.

Golf courses here in this part of Ontario are being swallowed up for development and those still open are so costly that the number playing has been greatly reduced. Outside of the built up area there are dozens of courses but they also are not doing so well financially . We love the opportunity to play as it is the better part of a day outdoors and in touch with nature.

I probably should say that when I arrived at the tee where I scored my ace I told Theresa to get the camera ready. She did and I did not as I used the same eight  iron but hit away right and lost my ball. She took the pic anyway. Golf is a great game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...