Thursday, September 15, 2011

Simple Words Can Mean A Lot

There are a thousand ways of expressing your feelings. A smile, a greeting to a stranger, a thank you when someone does a kind deed or saying nothing when you were about to show your negative self. Yesterday I was enjoying my green tea and the Toronto Star at 7.27am. The phone rang and I was sort of annoyed because we had house guests and I did not wish them to be disturbed. I answered the phone and it was Troy. Hi Papa...I missed my ride and could you drive me to school? Yes .I replied and added. Be outside at 8.am sharp.

I took my tea and went to our small car and had to adjust the seat, mirrors and spilled some tea on my clean T shirt. I muttered something and pulled out the driveway. My neighbour Grace waved as she was walking her dogs and I waved back. I drove down the street and counted 7 liberal sign and was becoming  even happier. As I drove into the parking area where Troy was to be ready, he was there. He got in the car and filled the air with gushes of news and things that were happening in his life, mostly football.

I listened and as we arrived at the school I asked why he called me and not his father. His reply made my day. I haven't see you in a while and just wanted to see you and say hello. He shut the door and left me without words. You see simple words do mean a lot. I was happy.

1 comment:

Ï'm interested in what you think ...