Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Eclipse

Theresa usually tumbles out of be around 8am but this morning when I looked out the window at 5.40am I had a clear view of the eclipse.I told Theresa who was half awake of the clear sky and an opportunity to see a blood moon eclipse she slipped out of bed. There was not a cloud and in fact it was perfectly clear. The eclipse had started and although the moon was low in the sky it was plainly visible

Theresa and I witnessed an eclipse similar to this in Florida but it was not as clear. There is something mystical about events like this.I remember a novel written some time ago how a missionary had saved his life when he was surrounded by angry and dangerous tribesmen in Africa. The missionary , having knowledge of an eclipse spooked the native people to wait to show the power of his god by taking away the light from the moon. They waited, the eclipse came as predicted and his powers were accepted by the native people.

This am Theresa and I were not faced with such a problem but I waited for Lynda to pass by and hoped she had an opportunity to see for herself the natural wonder. This eclipse is called a blood eclipse because when there is a total eclipse the moon looked to have an Orange color. This am it did so we witnessed the blood eclipse . Theresa looked at the clock and decided to have a few more winks and went back to bed. I was still excited so read the Toronto Star and got angry over the coverage about our country going to war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...