Wednesday, November 23, 2011

People Do Care

Today I was making last minute preparations for my surgery tomorrow. From early in the morning until when I closed the phone at 9:50, there has been a steady stream of well wishers. My children and grand children are concerned of course; and my neighbours came over to offer support and make me feel good. Friends who for years have supported me in my many endeavours called or emailed me. I was wishing I was back in politics again because with this outburst of concern, I could have won every time.

What I am really trying to say is that I am overwhelmed with kindness and it makes me feel so grateful and humble, that I had to express these feelings. I always knew this to be true, but this time there is written and verbal proof. I shall try to be worthy of these sentiments and in turn do my part to add to the pool of well-being and kindness expressed by you to me today.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...