Saturday, February 12, 2011

Living Without a Telephone.

After three days without our telephone we finally had our modem replaced and are connected to the outside world. Yes we had Scype, emails and face book but I personally felt a little panic not having that close connection of a telephone. We live in a world of communication  and I do not have a cell phone and used one a few times but that land line keeps me in touch wit friends and family.

For the first day I went to that little device and tried to get it working. I checked the batteries, connections and even read the manual before I called Comcast, our carrier. The lady teck was polite and efficient and congratulated me for having done all that was expected. Theresa went so far as to go on line and follow other options. Finally we phoned the company and a teck came to our door and after an hour decided that it was the modem.

He did everything possible outdoors and indoors to see if the cause was not their fault. He conceded that the modem croaked and replacement was necessary. Since the modem is rented ($5) and in Comcast's domain we were not responsible. He did however make sure everything here was up to par and we are the better for his visit.

I followed him to pick up tips and to become a better educated person when it comes to electronics. If only I had one of those little black machines that tell him everything he needs to know I could maintain my system. Since our system is back up I am waiting for those calls that I thought were so important. I still have not had one so all my anxiety was in vain. Maybe, just maybe I could survive without that little gadget.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ï'm interested in what you think ...